Monday, January 6, 2014

Explore the Change

My coffee wired brain keeps me up at night with the memories of last years mistakes and this years opportunities. Change has scripted itself through the clouds and it sways through the air in which I breathe. Change is scary to me not because of leaving behind what I've come to know. It's scary because of what I don't know and what lies ahead on the luminously frightful path. My mind pulses like a blender at the very thought of the future and the different challenges I will be faced with. As John Green said in his book Looking For Alaska "we use the future to escape the present". That quote has stuck with me like a scar from the moment I read it. Even though the future can be in a year or five the future is also now. My thoughts are in the future, we're all living in the future scientifically delayed from the present. Change is the future, and I want to be that change. It's useless to worry about change because it's inevitable like the sun coming up every morning.
Adventure isn't about fearing the dusty road.  Explore the change that is bound to happen and the future that is occurring right now. Explore the thoughts that feed your mind each night. Explore the unknown and make it known.

- Sophia Safdieh

No comments:

Post a Comment