Thursday, February 13, 2014

snowed in


Snow:  A beautiful yet irritating water vapor frozen into white flakes that fall to the ground and claim their territory. They stick to the ground and come down like minions on a mission. The sky is white, mirroring the ground, and it as though we are surrounded in a bubble of colorless peace. Usually, I would love snow, as it falls to the ground and jeopardizes the opening of school. Today the schools hold their stance, and refuse to close. The students are forced wander through the streets, driving unsafe and avoiding trouble. We, some students, chose to stay in our sheets and make a cup of hot coco. We let the warmth feel of our covers comfort us and we smile at the fact that the schools are half empty. I sit here, glancing out my window, with my kindle by my side and glance out my window. I look at the beauty of the snow and at my car that is covered with the sheets of white snowflakes. Snowed in, well technically..  

No comments:

Post a Comment