Everyone asks me what I want to be after I leave high school.
I stare at them with a blank expression as millions of words pass through my mind, but none can form a thought or a sentence. What do I want to be? I question myself after a minute of staring. "I don't know yet" I say with a saddened face. My mind takes a plight into indecisiveness now, how do people answer this. People my age are so sure of who they want to be, so sure of who they are; while I'm just floating around life unsure of everything I do. There are a million options, and I can only choose one. I think the hardest part about hearing that question asked to you is reflecting back on what you did, what choices you made. I could have done things differently, been better for myself and others. But I chose other wise and had to live with it. The past doomed my future by choice, I didn't have to swim in old water. I still stare now at the wall wondering, what do I want to be.
How am I supposed to have an answer to that when I don't even know who I am.
I stare at them with a blank expression as millions of words pass through my mind, but none can form a thought or a sentence. What do I want to be? I question myself after a minute of staring. "I don't know yet" I say with a saddened face. My mind takes a plight into indecisiveness now, how do people answer this. People my age are so sure of who they want to be, so sure of who they are; while I'm just floating around life unsure of everything I do. There are a million options, and I can only choose one. I think the hardest part about hearing that question asked to you is reflecting back on what you did, what choices you made. I could have done things differently, been better for myself and others. But I chose other wise and had to live with it. The past doomed my future by choice, I didn't have to swim in old water. I still stare now at the wall wondering, what do I want to be.
How am I supposed to have an answer to that when I don't even know who I am.
- Sophia Safdieh
-Florence Catton
Join us on the road to discovery about ourselves and who we are.
No comments:
Post a Comment