Monday, December 30, 2013

Prisoner or Volunteer?

Stuck isn't a word I use lightly.

Stuck means having no way out like a spoon in a peanut butter jar; sticky and thick. I'm not stuck here with chains around my feet and tape on my mouth. No one is. There's a map projecting through my eyes and a plan of a journey I hope to proceed. New journals are awaiting my presence with the adventures my mind revels in. Mistakes are in the past along with self doubt and objection to start living. A new year is coming up and I intend on making it a productive year. No more sitting in my bed from when the light hides out until it reveals itself at dawn. Self pity is destructive and selfish to what I can and want to do. 


I'm not stuck anywhere besides my own mind.

-Sophia Safdieh

No comments:

Post a Comment